Global Multimedia and Digital Content Manager
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Global Multimedia and Digital Content Manager at our London Save the Children International office location.
The role of the Global Digital and Multimedia Content Manager is to obtain digital and broadcast media coverage for Save the Children across the world to ensure visibility of issues affecting children as well as Save the Children's work. The role will act as producer for content (film and photography), develop and lead across digital production for the Global Media Unit, working in a high-paced news environment to produce world-class content for international media, members, and social media channels across the organisation. You will also find new ways to improve media engagement with Save the Children’s digital platforms.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proven initiative to generate ideas, spot strong news lines, and strengthen the collection and dissemination of content.
- Excellent relationship building skills in order to build and maintain a strong network of contacts with international journalists as well as identify and build key international partnerships
- Strong knowledge and strategic use of social media
- An initiative-taking, proactive, inspiring attitude with the ability to prioritise an unpredictable workload and solve problems quickly with limited support
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A commitment to Save the Children's vision, mission, values and approach and commitment to safeguarding children in accordance with our Child Safeguarding Policy
We can offer circa £43,000 per annum with an option of flexible working hours.
This role will be based in our London Save the Children International office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 10 Aug 2022
Closing date: 27 Sep 2022 - 23:59 GMT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Communications and Media
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time