Human Resources Business Partner
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Human Resources Business Partner in London, UK or any existing Save the Children International office location.
Drawing on unique knowledge as people professionals, work closely with managers to help build organizational and people capabilities, ensuring we are legally compliant and supporting the implementation of the People and Organization Strategy.
Understand SCI’s strategy, direction of travel and employee needs in order to deliver people solutions, which help to achieve SCI’s objectives and enable employee happiness and growth.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Good organisational planning skills and a proven ability to work with a large degree of independence, managing own workload and priorities and identifying opportunities to add value to the business.
- Proven record of accomplishment of change management within a multi-disciplinary and multi-site organisation.
- Adaptable and flexible and be able to manage changing priorities.
- Supporting and influencing others, enabling effective working as a member of a team and in collaboration with staff and volunteers with full commitment to organisational goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborative style and approach, and ability to work effectively across cultures.
- Proven experience of managing a wide range of employee relation’s casework and operating successfully in an advisory capacity with a generalist approach.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen, ensuring that HR policy or development activity addresses the business needs, providing consistent, business relevant advice to senior line managers and other HR staff.
- Proactive with plenty of initiative.
- Knowledge and good understanding of diversity issues including some understanding of issues around gender, age, cultural sensitivity and a commitment to SCI’s values and principles of equal opportunities.
- Experience in a generalist HR role within a large, complex global organisation.
- Sound knowledge of UK employment law and HR best practice across the full spectrum of HR activity.
This role can be based in the UK or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
National T&C (including pay) will apply.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 16 Sep 2022
Closing date: 3 Oct 2022 - 23:59 GMT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Human Resources
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time