Business Analyst (Digital Programming)
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Business Analyst (Digital Programming)inWorldwide: Any existing SCI location
The Business Analyst (BA) works with the business to collect, clarify, and document business requirements (using appropriate tools and models) from which people capacity building, improved processes, and new (technology) platforms are developed.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of Business Analysis and Business Architecture
Staff reporting to this post: No direct reports
Within the Transformation Delivery Department, we have a team of Business Analysts that are assigned to projects based on need. Projects will have an IT component but the specific function being supported will vary by project. This particular role will support projects in the Digital Programming team, which is responsible for ensuring that we realise the full potential of digital technologies in our programming so that we deliver a greater impact to far more children. The initial focus will be on a project to deliver messaging platforms that can support a wide range of use cases like bite-sized learning, social behaviour change communications and feedback.
Our Business Analysts are responsible for analysing the relevant business area or function and documenting business requirements, business processes, view of existing systems, data, integration requirements etc. Business Analysts will support the development of the current and future state and bridge the gap between projects and the relevant functions and IT (where relevant). Business Analysts will also be expected to contribute to our BA Methodology and support continuous improvement to our BA processes and tools. To be effective in this role you will need experience working as a BA on a complex Transformation Project or Programme.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Ability to understand and manage stakeholder requirements/drivers and project expectations
- Proven business requirements gathering and process/workflow analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and present both at a technical and non-technical level
- Demonstrable ability to write high quality requirements / user stories
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate/mediate; to facilitate the resolution of conflicting business requirements
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to support the creation of compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas
- Proven experience in facilitating productive workshops, preferably in multi-cultural contexts
- Ability to effectively prioritise work and agree priorities with the Project Manager
- Experience working with a standardised Business Analysis methodology and associated processes and tools
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and able to take the initiative and ownership to deliver value to the business
- Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
- Non-profit sector knowledge/experience (especially international development projects)
- Second language – French, Spanish or Arabic
We can offer circa £45,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work -Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 17 Jun 2022
Closing date: 4 Jul 2022 - 22:59 GMT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Business Support
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time