Support Services Officer
The role: Support Services Officer (Liberia) Country Office
Role Purpose: The Support Services Officer (SSO) works to ensure that effective, quality and timely support services are provided for LEARN Project activities in Grand Bassa and River Cess counties.
The SSO is responsible and accountable for effective implementation and coordination of the Save the Children LEARN Project functions in the two counties, including administration, finance, supply chain, and safety and security, in regular coordination with Mercy Corps. The SSO achieves these duties and responsibilities with the supervision of the LEARN Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) Operations and technical line management of LEARN Finance Director and Supply Chain Coordinator.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of working with international or non-governmental organizations.
- Diploma in Business Management with emphasis on logistics and supply chain management or related field, 3year experience in a similar or related job with knowledge and experience of establishing and maintaining basic logistics systems in a reputable organization.
- Financial competence in the area of purchase and expenditure.
- Preparedness to work long and/or irregular hours as required.
- Ability to undertake tasks unsupervised.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
Contract length: OPEN ENDED
Contract Type: NATIONAL
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Date advertised: 9 Sep 2020
Closing date: 27 Sep 2020 - 23:59 GMT
Location: Buchanan, Liberia
Department: Supply Chain
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time