Programme Manager DEVCO
Save the Children is recruiting an experienced Programme Manager HEA-CH DEVCO who will be responsible for the oversight of a 3-year Institutional strengthening programme funded by the EU aimed at foster Early Warning System and Response capacity building in 11 countries in West-Africa. The project will seek to reinforce civil society and regional / national institutions through the transfer of expertise, support for the sustainable appropriation of methodologies and processes to ensure the quality and reliability of analysis and participation within the PREGEC system.
The programme is led by SCI and seeks to be implemented in consortium with 2 other international partners (Oxfam and ACF), 11 government’s entities and regional institutions.
The Programme Manager HEA-CH DEVCO will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the quality of the implementation of the programme, providing overall strategic leadership and managerial oversight on the administrative, programmatic, technical, data collection and operational aspects. S/he will oversee the day-to-day implementation of the programme, especially through the coordination unit and including the teams in the field. S/he will be accountable for the timely and quality implementation of activities, compliance with donor rules and regulations and effective stakeholder relationship management. S/he will be also responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with the donor, Regional institutions, Governments, consortium members and countries’ offices. S/he will act as the primary liaison and program representative.
S/he will also be responsible for the overall management and oversight of areas related to finance, budget management, partner sub-contracting, award / grant management, as well as other operational and administrative duties required by the programme, ensuring that they are executed timely, efficiently and effectively by the coordination unit and project teams on the field.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Master Degree in any relevant area
- Solid experience (min 5 years) in managing complex humanitarian and development programming;
- Solid experience (min 5 years) in managing multisector programming
- Solid experience in remote management and implementation in sensitive environments
- Solid experience in management of consortia in multi-countries
- Fluency in written and spoken French
- Sound knowledge and prior experience in managing EU funded program
- Proven skills in program management and administration, including grants management and donor compliance
- Proven skills in program monitoring and reporting.
- Prior experience in managing complex budgets
- Prior experience working in emergency response contexts or fragile states.
- Prior experience working on capacity building and technical assistance project to governments in West Africa
- Prior experience working with the Cadre Harmonisé (or similar assessment methodology of the food security)
- Strong skills in staff management, moderation, conflict resolution and capacity-building
- Ability to lead a programme and support a team working from remote locations
- Willingness to extensive field travel and to remote locations
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children aims, values and principles.
- Experience with the Cadre Harmonisé and its network of actors
- Experience with Household Economy Approach and possible uses
- Experience in programming capacity strengthening for national institutions
- Experience of working in the Sahel
- Prior experience working in the management of data driven project and economy analysis
- Knowledge of regional food security institutions
- An academic/professional qualification at post graduate level or equivalent in nutrition, economics, rural development, development studies or related subject
- Working experience in challenging and insecure contexts and/or similar.
- Knowledge/experience of Save the Children
Contract length: 03 Years
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Date advertised: 28 Jan 2020
Closing date: 23 Feb 2020 - 23:59 GMT
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time